The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the education system upside down. From classes to assignment submission, everything has gone online.
Yes, online classes have enhanced the convenience for students, but there are certain health-related aspects that students and parents need to keep in mind.
Online classes imply screen time for a longer timeframe, which makes it crucial to ensure that certain things are taken care of. What are they? This blog answers the question subtly.
Top Health Tips for Students Studying Online
Check out the top health tips for students taking their classes online and having high screen time below.
- Take Breaks at Regular Intervals from the Computer Screen: This is a must when a child is glued to the computer screen for a longer timeframe. A break of 15 to 20 seconds every 15 to 20 minutes won’t let the eyes get stressed and would keep them fresh. Additionally, a break at the regular intervals would keep the mind of a student refreshed, which will increase the concentration level.
- Consume Healthy Meals: Online classes give a student increased stress. This is why healthy meals are a must for them to focus. Of course, the cravings for junk food at their age is not an uncommon thing, but try to minimize it. Consuming junk food would subside their focus level. Parents can think of something creative in terms of maintaining the taste and ensuring that their child stays away from unhealthy food.
- Getting a Good Sleep: The importance of good sleep in these tough times has increased considerably. Good sleep will increase the cognitive abilities of a child, and even assist physical growth. Online classes are already taking a huge toll on the student’s mind and eyes, thus some stringent steps like reducing the television or mobile gaming time is crucial. While, it might sound a bit harsh, but that’s necessary for the overall well-being of a child.
- Build a Comfortable and Good Study Space: Studying from a bed or couch will always distract a student from studying. It might sound cozy at the initial level, but eventually, it will play with the student’s physical health too. A comfortable and well-designed study space is a must to ensure the full focus of a student with studies. Ensure adequate natural light, back support while seating, and a water bottle on the study table while a student is attending online classes. Also, see that the study table of the student is clean & well-organized. Remember, learnings are never fruitful when taken from an untidy place.
- Don’t Kill the Social Interaction: Classes on the online portal by no means imply killing the social interaction. Encourage your child to be a part of online groups with his/her peers, where along with having some education-related chats, they can also have some fun. However, be watchful of their activities here. Most online portals today allow various features like watching movies together even while being apart. Allow the child to use this feature, as the online classes are already taking a heavy toll on his/her mind. It will only give your child a sense of refreshment, which is much needed in today’s time.
Yes, times are tough! Education is one field, which is vastly going through a lot of changes. As mentioned, when the entire education has gone online, taking care of your child’s physical & mental health is a must.
The above tips will surely help you to ensure that the physical & mental health of your child stays in a good space.
Just keep the above things in your mind, execute them with perfection, and see how good your child do in terms of education and in terms of being happy with whatever he/she goes with.
ProEMS has been a major source for most organizations and students to make things easy for themselves. Let’s connect and see what we offer!
Image credits : Unsplash