Open Educational Resources (OER) has been a major help to the education sector. Firstly, let’s get the basics right. What do open educational resources mean?
OER implies open teaching and learning resources that are free to use for anyone. These resources are available in the public domain where anyone and everyone can access them securely.
While OER might seem to be an insignificant educational advancement, the reality varies largely. The benefits that OER comes alongside it are immense. This blog is all about them.
Top Benefits of Open Educational Resources
Check out some major benefits of OER below.
- Saves Money for Students: Certain students aren’t able to afford textbooks and study materials. Of course, they are necessary, but they by no means should increase financial pressure on the students.Open educational resources imply the availability of textbooks easily and that too for free. Thus, students would be getting knowledge and that too with no financial pressure at all.Thus, OER does an amazing job of not imparting any financial pressure on the students at all.
- OER Enables Students to Learn Efficiently: One major benefit of OER is that students can access it from anywhere and anytime. This automatically increases the efficiency of the students when it comes to learning.Students won’t be worrying about losing or forgetting textbooks anywhere, which will increase their focus considerably.OER is a proven success when it comes to letting the students focus on studies and not getting distracted.
- Helps Teachers Vastly: OER not only benefits students but teachers too. Teachers can use OER not only to access the syllabus but also to tailor the content according to the requirements.Teachers can access the required content anytime and anywhere without relying on books. Moreover, the updated resources give them a platform to keep up with the trends and prepare content to teach accordingly.
- Help Alumni to Stay Connected: After passing out, it is quite difficult for the alumni to stay connected to the institute. But, they definitely deserve to stay connected.This is where OER comes into the picture. With OER, alumni can stay connected to the institution and continue to learn. As they say, learning is a life-long process, and OER makes it possible for the alumni.
- OER Helps to Improve the Quality of Existing Study Materials: Yes, you might already have a number of resources from where you can study and teach. But, when the world is evolving every day, it’s crucial that you stay updated with every update on every subject.OER keeps on getting updated. Accessing these updates will enhance the quality of the study materials that you already have considerably.Thus, students can study updated things, and teachers can teach updated things, which certainly boosts the quality of education considerably.
OER comes with numerous benefits, not only for the students but also for the entire organization. If used efficiently, OER can enhance the quality of education considerably.
There are several online portals that offer OER and thus make things easy for the students and teachers considerably.
Thus, if you as a student or teacher haven’t started using OER, now is the time to use it. Just give an attempt, use it efficiently, and notice the enhancement in results.
If you desire to get more information, or if you are looking for a student management system in Vadodara, you aren’t required to look further than ProEMS. Don’t believe us? Well, our portfolio and reviews are all yours to see and verify. To connect with us and get more information about our services, call us at +91 9898205483.
Image credits : Unsplash